School uniform or not?

I am at a stand still kids have there whole life ahead of them to wear, skirts, dress shirts and shoes so why rush it let the kids be kids.

Then I think it might make them concentrate more in school.

Then I think omg, 2 sets of clothes for each of them, play and school... OMG so confusing... :) What is your opinion?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in

• My son doesnt have to wear uniforms but I was just thinking recently how much easier it would be if he did, lol. Less school clothes shopping, he would always look nice and neat. Less clothes to wash.
    He could wear what he wanted after school and on the weekends. Yeah, that would be nice,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We have them, and I LOVE them! There is no dilema over "mom, what should I wear today"??? They know what they're wearing and it's laid out the night before. Also...there's no "fashion war" over who's the "best dressed". School is for learning not a cat-walk, and I really like having uniforms for my kids. JMO
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 11:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I wish! Even with a dress code you should see the way they look at my teens school/. I think if they had uniforms there would be no trying to outdo each other.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 11:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my arguement against it is the whole "it levels the playing field" argument
    life isn't fair, there will always be people with more money who can afford nicer things, life is not a level playing field
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• well I'm not sure what's best, but I know the school that my dd will be going to doesn't have uniforms.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My girls wore uniforms blue & white i was glad they did.. It made washing clothes a lot easier ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If the school was buying them than I might consider it. But, I need their wardrobe to be a bit more versatile then that... we are on a budget!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We did last year. Not this year :(
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You need to decide on a school you like first. Uniforms should not be the reason you go there. My kids wear uniforms and it makes my life SO much easier. You don't have to buy nice play clothes. They just wear what they have, and you buy more as they outgrow things. I don't do a big back to school buying spree. I just buy 4 sets of uniforms. I'll fill in the play clothes as needed. It really is much easier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• In Tulsa Oklahoma it is because of Gang Violence, Poverty, and Crime that kids as young as Kindergarten have to wear School Uniforms to Public Schools White Polo Shirts Only with Navy Blue Pants or kackies. Black Dress Shoes. within the Districts of Tulsa County there might be a few schools that void this law. I had to were them back when I was in School.
    I think it is safer and kids dont have to have a popularity contest with what they are wearing.
    Money is Tight everywhere and My suggestion is just let kids be kids but let them do it in something no one will judge them when they are wearing it. They are learning about professionalism at a young age that is good. Better for them.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010