Did your SO change the name u picked out for your baby?

A lot of times the birth certificate is filled out while the mom is in labor. The SO is usually the one writing stuff down cuz who wants to fill out paperwork while they are having contractions lol.

Have you ever had your heart set on a time only to have your SO change it or modify it somehow???

I was in labor with my daughter and my SO didn't like the way I spelled her middle name so he spelled it his way lol. She is now 11 and every time I look at that I chuckle cuz I was in the middle of a contraction and told him to do whatever the heck he wanted.

Walker101

Asked by Walker101 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Baby Names

• No, but my husband always teased me that he was going to name our son Elvis. Luckily he was only teasing me.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Um no. The birth certificates were filled out by me after they were born.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nope, never had it happen. Always agreed on everything and that was that.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• never heard of a birth certificate being filled out while in labor.
    the lady never came to fill out ours until right before discharge

the mom's the one that has to sign it anyways as far as I knew so I don't see how the dad could change it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• we agreed on our son's first name but i didn't like the middle name, he picked out so i changed it.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• no i filled it out while in contractions we spell her name lilith anira, even after she was born he was spelling her first name lilyth and was convinced her middle name had an e
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 11:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have never hear of birth certificates being filled out during labor.. I have fill out all the paper work after, plus nothing can be done til you sign the paper work anyways.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nope......I filled out all the paperwork after my kids were born. I had the entire time that I was in the hospital to fill it out so I wasn't even rushed on it :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• At our hospital, the birth certificate was filled out a few hours after birth. Someone at the hospital is assigned to doing this. She asked the questions and filled out the form herself. Both DH and I had to be present. Then she gave the form to us to look over and make sure there were no errors. So basicly, there was zero chance of him changing the name.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nope, but DH teased me he was going to name our daughter Alaleighla..!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 11:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010