Can someone explain this whole question thing to me?

I sort of just stumbled on it, and answered a few questions, but now I'm reading that you get points for things, and can lose points, and I don't really know what the points are for in the first place. Sorry to sound stupid, but I won't ask anonymously because I want my points, lol.

elasmimi

Asked by elasmimi at 11:44 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't know myself...lol
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 11:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• don't worry about the points is my advice :)
    they let you know if someone liked your answer, that's about it. vote up answers you like basically

once you get to the anonymous answers level (16) IF you answer anonymously and it's voted down, you lose 3 credits.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Ok, where it says "core credits" under "today's report card", that's how many you can earn on your own by doing things such as asking, answering, and voting up answers. In addition to that, every time an answer of your gets bumped or voted up, you get points. As you get points, you move on to other levels, which give you different privileges, such as voting an answer down or answering anonymously. If you click on "todays report card", you can see all point activity to the right of the screen. In addition, you can now earn awards for answering enough questions of a certain category as well as for many other things. Have fun. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• CM added the points system as a way to eliminate a lot of rude answers that were occuring. You get certain "privledges" as you move up in the levels. It also makes a sort of game out of it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The points will come as you use this section. If you really want lots of points spend the most time in the Crazy for credits section.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2010