why the bashing?

why does everyone bash on those who want to get their labor going? Like by using castor oil, sex, and other things that are supposed to put you into labor? Your body wont go into labor unless its ready, so if you do try these things and your not ready it wont work, and I know because I have tried everything, and no sign of labor is near!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Who's bashing?
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 11:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think that people don't like seeing other women do things that could potentially be dangerous. You shouldn't try to force your body into labor. I don't bash anyone, and I don't think others should either, but I do often wonder why people would want to have their baby come out when it's obviously not ready.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree with LovingSAHMommy. This is exactly why I discourage doing that on every post about forcing labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• because sometimes they do work when the baby or your body isn't ready and it can cause more complications. When you use a form to induce it brings on stronger contractions and you're more likely to require pain meds and that can slow labor so you'll need something to counter that.. it's a vicious cycle and not worth it, sometimes it can lead to a C-sec. I don't have a problem using sex because that won't create the insanely strong contractions that other induction ideas do. Pregnancy and labor are natural events. Medical intervention isn't usually needed and should always be kept to a bare minimum.

I've used sex and that worked for me. With my last child my labor had already started and I used nipple stimulation to progress it along but that started very strong contractions and stopped using it and went to walking instead.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 11:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Some of the things can be dangerous that is why. The baby will come when he/she is ready. We just don't want someone to do something that could harm her or the baby. We aren't being mean, just trying to help.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• They can throw you into labor when your body isnt ready, and that can sometimes affect baby. Why force baby out when they arent ready? I dont bash, i just state opinions..lol
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2010