How long would you work without a paycheck

if your job said that payroll would late, and it was two weeks late, and no one has said anything about it. And they owe you for 104 regular hours and if they do under they owe you over 60 hours of pto. How long would you stay working with no check? I am our only income

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• um I wouldn't AT ALL
    and I'd be reporting them to the labor bureau ASAP
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would report it to the labor board ASAP! it's illegal for them to expect you to keep working with no pay
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• 3 weeks. That is the longest I ever have and ever will and plan not to have to ever again! lol

The only reason I did was because they held a week and paid bi-weekly so it ended up being my third week to get paid and it was an awful wait.

As for your issue, I would demand some form of payment. Advance or at least a partial check for some of my work performed. I would be worried if my job did that to me. :(

Sorry this is happening to you.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't. If they can't pay me now, I doubt they will be able to pay me in the future.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i would get the hell out and get another job and report their asses to the labor board NOW.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Honestly, I believe they would have to have my money by the end of the same week I discover the error.
    MakkarMom

Answer by MakkarMom at 2:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• DH's work went through some problems earlier in the year/last year and his checks were always late, usually just a couple days or at most a week but they ALWAYS gave some sort of advance, even if it was just 1/2 of his reg check so that we would have $$ for bills and not be completely broke... you need to see what is going on cause if the company is going under and can't pay their employees you need to start looking for a new job ASAP. I'm so sorry this is happening to you though, money problems suck :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Two weeks, and I better have a paycheck!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010