What is the one thing

you want to teach your child that is important to you for his/her future?

1lilgirl

Asked by 1lilgirl at 11:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• To have sympathy for others, and that it truly is better to give than to receive,
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Honesty..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• To thank each and every member of the miitary for their service. I will go out of my way to buy them something if I can afford it or I will at least walk up to them and hug them or shake their hand and say thank you. If it weren't for them who knows where our country would be right now?
    My oldest daughter asked my why I was thanking people, buying them brownies and shaking thier hands at Chic-Fil-A one day and I tried to explain it to her but she didn't quite seem to get the point yet, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree HONESTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Empathy. the best way to deal with people is to be able to put yourself in their shoes. may not know how they feel and thats okay as long as you can be able to empathize with them.
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• To always honor his responsibilities.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree with Empathy. It goes a long way towards all these other qualities.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i am proud to say that i successfully taught my daughter that the key to her happiness is living according to her values (which i helped guide of course) and not according to the values of someone else. she is a strong, independent woman.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Setting goals for themselves, never saying I can't giving everything a shot that they want to accomplish, living to their values and standing up for their beliefs.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• responsibility to take care of himself to pick up after himself to put the seat down in the bathroom to respect be kind to others & be honest of course & do dont hit women
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010