How to get the sideswept bang look?

So...you know the bang style that's out now...? How do I do that...I'm terrible at styling my hair. What do I ask for when getting my haircut?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Exactly what you just said, tell your stylist that youd like side swept bangs, and they will doit..I dont think it is out of style, and ifit is, oh well, b/c its the only way i wear my hair haha.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree w/previous poster!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I see a lot of women wearing their bangs like that. I would go to a stylist that is familiar with that is in, my hair lady is so nice..but I dont think she knows modern looks too well. :P
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 12:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I've worn my bangs like this before it was "trendy" - due to my natural curls, i have a cowlick right in the middle of my forehead, and "regular" bangs just don't work. :P
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Decide how deep and thick YOU want it. You can play around w/ it by yourself and use a clip to get a general idea of how it would look! W/ it being your first time w/ bangs you don't want to attempt it yourself! Find out what you are interested in, maybe get some pictures out of books so you know what you want and don't get talked in to thicker, deeper, etc ones!!! Have fun ;)
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• just go to a stylist, they will give you the cut you want, that goes with your face shape, hair line, etc... AND show you how to style it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• kassie I have two collicks in my fringe area.. so it takes A LOT to style my bangs in a side swipe. so I know whatyou mean..

I can do it, it just take the right products and know how of my hair..

but OP your stylist will know what you look for and make all the proper suggestions to you during that time.. tell them your concerns and what you want exactly and they will walk you through it all :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Just ask them for that next time you go in for a haircut.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yeah just ask your atyler n she will do it instead of trying yourself i tried once and yeah it was horrible lol
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• take a pix and ask can they do it.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010