Anyone else weirded out by this?

I have been friends with this one girl for almost 10 years now, I call her a girl because even though she is 25 she has no job, no liscence, no home, recieves food stamps, is not going to school, smokes pot all day and talks about how her art will make her rich. granted she is a great painter,but she will not sell any of it because she likes it.

Well for the past three years up until last month she was dating a very abusive guy, he would not let her out of the house unless she carried her phone with the gps turned on so he could moniter, if we stopped for gas he would call and ask why we were there. it was rediculous, one time i picked up her phone because he was in the bathroom and he started asking her who she was giving head to! This went on and on, until he finally said he was done with her because he was tired of her. Needless to say i was thrilled she was filling out applications for school... cntd on comment

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 11:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• and starting to get things in order, she went and got her learners, all that has halted now, at first i was thinking she was back with her ex, but it turns out she is not only dating her exs brother, but her ex's twin brother, who happens to live in the same house as the abusive ex! she says everything is okay and her ex does not care, but how can someone who was that possesive not care? i see this ending terribly badly but i know she will not listen to be and it just seems weird that she is doing this. I wish i could help but i dont think there is a way for me to, her ex has threatened to hurt me and my daughter if he ever saw me again, and we live states away, even if we were close i could not endanger my child because i feel he would actually do this. do you think she will be okay? or do you think this will end badly?
    Laura_Cruz

Comment by Laura_Cruz (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• u cant judge the twin for the other brothers mistake what i find weird is that she is keeping it in the family dating the twin bother honestly all u can do is wait and see what happens and when shit gets hard for her just be there and be the good friend u have always been to her
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I personally would just end the friendship, she sounds like an idiot. She should have known what she was getting into going out with her abusive ex's twin. You don't need to get in yourself tangled up in that mess.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, despite her actions she is a grown woman. You can't do anything about her. But what I would be concerned about is the threats that he has made agaisnt you and your child. I would file a report about that to the police and get a restraining order.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• he never cared for her in the first place that's why he doesn't care now. she needs some serious therapy. it sounds like you know she is a psycho loser so i'm not getting the whole friendship thing. people like that who enjoy dragging themselves down drag me down when i'm involved with them... at that point i do what is best for myself when it is obvious the other person likes their life that way and i move on...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yeah just be there for her be the best you can be when she needs you she will come around
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010