What potty seat do you have, and do you like it?

We are beginning to shop for a potty for my son. I am clueless! Your recommendations are appreciated. He is only 19 months and small for his age, but he is already telling us when he poops and today after he pooped in his diaper, he went to the toilet and sat down right next to it and stayed there until I came to get him to change his diaper. He was SO proud of himself. I think he is ready to at least have a potty to get used to.

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 12:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let him choose. We went thru 5 before we found one that she liked. It ended up being a Dora potty chair and a sesame street potty insert.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• He had a little Sesame street one and the top could come off and attach to the big potty.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We only used the kind that go on the toilet, I dont think thatis much help for you...w started with a winnie the pooh one, b/c my dd lkes winnie the pooh and bought a stool, she is tall, so she could get herself on the toilt, but she was also 3 too...I personally perfer the kind that gose on the toilet. Good luck.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We bought a few different kinds! lol
    The music one was distracting and made them want to inspect the potty rather than use it.
    The one with the cup at the front (more for boys than girls and I had girls) would sometimes hitt heir little private spots and hurt them.
    The one without the cup worked very well for my oldest and she loved using it. My youngest hated any of them and finally was happy with the cushion one that sits on the big potty. It makes the seat smaller and makes it t owhere they can use the "big potty". :) Now they both use the cushion that sits on the big potty and we use the bottom of the old one (it was a transitional where you can use it later this way) as a step stool because it comes out into stairs. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have one that my child can set on and then you dump their busness afterwards. It's also a step stoll when she's not using it. Also I have a seat that covers the main toilet seat.That way they don't fall in.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I usually only use the one that goes on the toilet, but my son doesn't like it. So I am going to get the potty chair and I have no idea what to get either.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We use the fisher price one that sings and stuff..This is our second one. We had a real basic one with our oldest but he was so hard we upgraded to this one..LOL We have used it with all the kids. I just started training our 2 yr old.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have safety 1st potty chair..it turns into a boys and girls potty also a stool to help wash hands. Good Luck he sure does sound ready :)
    mamaangel07

Answer by mamaangel07 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have the fisher-price froggy potty. It's wonderful! It curves in the front which is a great pee guard and it seems comfy to sit on. No bells and whistles. my son knew it was a potty when he first saw it. His grandma bought him a safety 1st 3-in-1 truck potty. He played with it like a toy, the hinges holding the top on cracked, so the stool function was no longer useful or safe, and I read in many reviews that it happened to many other people, as well as the sensor that makes the beep and honk noises rusting easily.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• do you go to a day care provider. my son uses a stool, he stands up on it to pee and sits down and holds his hands on the toilet to go poop. which sence yours is a little younger you might have to help hold him. which also helps save money!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 4:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2010