I kiss my dd on the lips she is 22mths. When do you think it's wrong or not appropriate? How about as adults kissing each other on the lips?

I have seen many adults kiss their friends, parents, siblings on the lips but in a non sexual way, do you think it's appropriate or is it to each their own for you. I personally find myself thinking it's kinda odd but not in a bad way, it's just that I'm not use to it.

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 12:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i kiss my 3 year old DS on the lips still. idk when/if i will ever start to feel it's weird but i don't kiss my parents on the lips.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think its to each his own. I kiss my dd on the lips, shes 18 months. My son who is 10 yrs, we kiss eachother on the cheek or on the side of the lips.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it. Kissing is a sign of affection, not necessarily a sign of sex. Now if I saw a dad frenching his DD, then I'd have a problem with it, LOL

It's all up to the people doing it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I kiss my son and my husband on the lips, but in very different ways. Everyone else, a kiss on the cheek.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Unless you're my SO, a hand shake will suffice!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Definitely to each his own. DD is 8 & i still kiss her on the lips. I see nothing wring with it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Just be careful where and how you do it.
    Some people might take it the wrong way.
    She is 22 months am I wright?
    Well be careful. The age of being a baby is wearing off.
    Just be careful.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I kiss my baby on the lips he is 2, but not the older ones usually cheek.
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I made a poll about this recently.

http://www.cafemom.com/quizzes/poll_view.php?id=51239

I kiss my 2 year old on the lips and when it is uncomfortable I will stop. My parents kissed me that way as a little girl and it just stopped at some point. No trauma or issues.....I think as adults it is wierd. A kiss on the cheek isnt though.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We kiss our kids on the lips, they are 5 & 7. My husband's family is very kissy, my husband still kisses his mom and dad and brothers and sisters. I'm not that way though. I will be with my kids, but I don't kiss anyone else besides my husband. As far as how long it's appropriate, I think that it is appropriate for as long as everyone is ok with it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010