Was Anyone in Your Family in a War? / In Work-The Military is a Job

My BIL was in Korea, My husband in Viet Nam, and my Son in Desert Sorm, and praise the LORD no one is right now.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• My father was in Vietnam - he was there when I was born and my mother was under the impression he was dead when she was having me. I just found out a couple years ago one of my dad's jobs was an interrogator. I knew he was a sniper for some years. This explains alot about how my dad changed and suffered. My grandfather was in the OSS is WWII as well as infantry. Pretty much everyone beyond my generation was part of a war or a draft - it was the norm then. We are lucky that there is a choice these days and that it's not expected. So many people and families are harmed by war, regardless of the honor of the sacrifice.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My great, great,great......grandfather is General Lee. My cousin was in Desert Storm.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Dad-Vietnam, grandad-WWII, Brother-gulf/Korea/afganistan/Iraq, nephew/4 cousins in desert storm, ex-BIL in afganistan
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Let's see...

My grandfather was in WWII, Korean, and Vietnam.
    My husband was in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Grandpa was in Vietnam, dad was on hold for Desert storm. BIL was in Iraq, we're holding our breath on my little bro.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My husband was in Iraq in 04/05 and in Afghanistan in 09/10
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My grandfather was in WW2, Vietnam, .....and another but I forget which. I just remember my dad telling me it's rare for someone to say they were able to serve in those 3 particular wars.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Oh and we can date family history back to the Civil War. We have family members names on memorials at Gettysburg which I think is pretty cool!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Grandpa was in something but I don't know what, uncle in Dessert Storm, brother in Iraq, my dad would have been in something but he was honorably discharged after stepping on a landmine and blowing up his ankle, FIL was in 'Nam.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yeah. My grandpa (mom's side ) was in the Korean War, my dad was in Vietnam, and my DH is a Gulf War veteran.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2010