Would you do this?

My Dh came home from a 12 hour shift. I did some jobs that were his around the house because he wanted to watch a movie last night and didn't get to them. I also cooked for two hours tonight so he could have homemade soup when he got home, along with cleaning the house and taking care of our Dd. I usually make dinner, but only about once a week do I make something that takes that long.
When he sat for dinner, he wanted to talk to me about a convo at work, so I sat and talked a bit, but then I got up to get a drink and asked if he wanted a sandwich with his soup, he yelled at me about how I only talk of insignificant things. He went upstairs alone after I yelled at him for being mean (he was rude more after that) so I put Dd (who had missed him all day) in the room he was in and shut the door. I don't care if he just worked 12 hours, that's no reason to be rude. WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds good to me..i probably wouldve been more of a smart ass though. i probably wouldve said "oh, i'm sorry i'm not on your level"..what an ass
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Let him cool off, then talk to him about it. Just don't stoop to his level and inflame the situation. But you're right, that's no reason to be rude especially if you went out of your way to cater to him.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would let him cool down and ask him what was really bothering him.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would have done the same thing. My SO gets in those moods every once in a while and I don't let him get away with it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• sounds to be that you were both overly tired, sounds like he felt that you weren't listening to him.

let him cool off and talk about it later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• sounds like you both had expectations of the other and got mad about the other not playing along with the scripts in your respective heads... as anon above said, sounds like you were both overly tired. when things cool down let him know that was hurtful and remind him you are not a mind reader. you can also let him know that you were upset that he didn't notice your efforts but he is not a mind reader either.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would give him some time to cool off and then talk to him about it.

He may have been tired but that is still no excuse to treat people like that, especially your family.

hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i would let him cool off. sounds like he was exhausted. it also sounds like maybe for him the conversation he was having with you was not over and he was miffed you interupted it to get up and ask about the sandwich. even though you were being nice. i think he is just really super tired. give him some space and when he has slept ask what is going on, and that you are sorry you made him mad , you didnt mean to. and that snapping at you left you feeling hurt and confused
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2010