We just moved to a place with a much smaller kitchen, any organizational tips?

I cook quite a bit and have a lot of kitchen stuff. My kitchen is about half as big and I don't have room to store things elsewhere. I have thinned down as much as I am willing to, but I still don't have room for it all. Any ideas ladies?

firstimemom4049

Asked by firstimemom4049 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Home & Garden

• You can try adding shelves to existing cabinets. This would eliminate some of the dead, unused space above shorter items. You can also divide the drawers to maximize the use of space. If the drawers are deep enough some items can then be stored upright. The pot rack as mentioned above is also a good idea. In my last kitchen I made my own so that it was most effective for my space. I attached a two by four to the ceiling studs, added trim, and painted it to look decorative and then screwed different size hooks into it. This way I could place it high enough to reach but not be in the way and it spanned across the entire kitchen. I also hung more than just pots.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My non-daily use stuff's on an industrial chrome rack in the garage Beyond that, I have no idea. I'm about to tear out walls with my bare hands to get some more room in my kitchen!

Oh, one thing - hanging pot rack. Don't waste space storing them in what few cupboards you have.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008