BOS Research

Do you think a BOS needs to be handwritten?
Is a digital or typed version of any less worth simply because it's not?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• you BOS should be how ever you want it too be. If typing makes more sense to you and your way of life then do it typed up. I know it would be easier to find things that way ( digital search function would sure come in handy)
    A BOS is a personal thing. DOn't let anyone tell you how it SHOULD be. Most BOS's are not typed, but then again most people didn't have home computers til 15-20 years ago.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I type mine, and honestly, I don't personally know anyone that keeps one by hand, that said, I also know it's a common belief among some paths (mostly wiccan paths) that a BOS HAS to be hand written...

So I'm just seeing where everyone stands on the issue...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• IT MUST BE HAND-WRITTEN IN ANCIENT ENOCHIAN WITH A RAVEN'S QUILL AND INK FROM A VIRGIN SQUID IN A BOOK HANDMADE FROM PAPYRUS AND RECYCLED NEWSPAPER!!!

/sarcasm/

No really...whatever flips your fly-wheel. Mine's on my hard drive.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• HaHa... Were we channeling Bucky for a moment Mama?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I believe your BOS should be created as what feels right to you...
    I hand write in mine, sometimes in ink, sometimes in pencil...
    I also have a few printed sheets inserted in my book as reference or guides...
    Your book is a part of you, so creating it should also be a part of you...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Mine is saved to the 4" floppy discs because I can't make my cd writer work (and because once you've saved it you can't change it on a cd. But you can on a floppy. I made hard copies of info I need a lot but I seldom use it. The floppys are just easier for finding stuff!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Witchqueen, just as a tip, since the newer computers don't have floppy drives, why not switch to a USB drive? I have most of my information backed up on one... Best of both worlds, cause should I get a new computer, it will still work & I can still make changes - which is the same reason I never did discs either.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• OT/ But there are read and rewritable drives and cd's. Especially useful if you have more that 8gigs of info to backup. Graphics take up a lot of space.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Do you think a BOS needs to be handwritten? Personally I have a handwritten one but like gmasboy I believe that every one's BOS should be created the way that feels right to them.
    Is a digital or typed version of any less worth simply because it's not? No. It(the digital/typed version) has just as much worth as a handwritten one. One is not better then the other IMO. I do have a few things typed up and saved to my email the I'm planing on adding sooner or later to my handwritten BOS.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 11:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Thanks so much, Sabrina. I never thought of that. I'll look into it. Those things have a lot more room on them than a floppy!!! LOL>
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2010