Did/do you cut your son's hair?

My SO has long hair and doesn't want to cut our son's hair. His dad has long hair too.

I would rather him not be mistaken for a girl and don't mind if he keeps his hair long when he is older and can decide for himself.

Did you or do you cut your son's hair?
Is it wierd not to? Do you think it is trashy looking not to?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband and his dad, and all of dh's uncles all have long hair. I cut my son's hair because he asked for a hair cut. We left it longer for a long time, but when he was in kindergarten, he asked for a cut.
    My husband has recently started cutting his hair for work, so now it is short.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, I do
    lil-mama-vegas

Answer by lil-mama-vegas at 1:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my son is 2 and I have never cut his hair. I am not planning on it anytime soon. He always get mistaken for a girl, but I am still not going to cut it
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I started trimming my son's hair at a year. He's had it clippered ever since,and he's 9.
    IMO boys with long shaggy hair are trashy. A cut that is styled longer is fine.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yeah i do but that is because he is special needs and bites beauticians!
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I always cut my son's hair. Also my daughters' hair. It is too expensive to get little kids' hair cut at a salon. And I did a good job.

Long hair is NOT a good look on a boy. nope.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my dh wears his hair pretty short and has taught himself to cut it (because he couldnt find a barber that he found to be consistent) so now he just give ds the same haircut as daddy - i do think it is normal of your dh and mine to want their sons to be like them. long hair is okay as long as it is trimmed into some style.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yes we do cut my sons hair. When its longer he will look like a girl because my son has some pretty features! LOL Its also crazy when its long likes to do its own thing just easier short.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• we are military and keep our sons hair in a high and tight
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010