does no one know info of becoming a notary public in pa

I form NJ and I have been a notary public of NJ for over 8yrs, I move to PA, and I'm not sure on how to applied for it. I'm a little confused it way different.

HOUVIG

Asked by HOUVIG at 1:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In California, notaries are commissioned through the State of California, Secretary of State's office. So, it should be something similar in NJ.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• In TX I just filled out the paper, paid the fee and waited for my stamp.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was a Notary in NJ for 6 years before moving to PA, and it was too much of a hassle to re-apply since it was post 9/11 and it just wasn't worth it to me.  My previous employer took care of the application and fees on my behalf, I just had to go to the Middlesex County Court House to take my oath and sign the official paperwork, and that was it! 

http://www.nationalnotary.org/become/step_1.cfm?stateid=PA

If I could have simply reapplied, I would have, but I didn't think I'd be doing that much of it, so I let it lapse. 

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010