Waking up?

When I fall asleep at night, I really fall asleep because of the medications I take at night. When I wake up in the morning, I am in the same body position as I was when I fell asleep. I do not move at all. Therefore, I wake up very stiff and in a lot of pain. What are some stretches I can do in bed to help get rid of the pain and stiffness, I do not get out of bed before I feel like I can get to my chair or walker, I have gotten up to quickly and fallen down. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 1:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• if you are curled up on your side, bring your knees into your chest and do circles. release your legs back down and do one at a time, when you are done, bend your knees, and twist your body to look at the ceiling, your legs will stay, but your lower and back twist so you can look at the ceiling, go as far as you can, then roll over and do the same, if you started on your left, turn onto your right! Then, as you sit up, start with your neck, use your arms as support, and try to feel your vertebra curl one at a time, when you are in a sitting position reach up and stretch towards the ceiling. That should give your body enough blood flow to let you get moving some more!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Lay on your back and hug one knee to your chest while the other leg is either bent or straight out, then switch legs, then do both legs. That helps my back. Also, when you first sit up you can do very slow gentle neck rolls. You don't want to stretch too much because your muscles are cold, but that will help to loosen them up. As a side note: this may be TMI but alot of women I know use orgasm as a way to help them fall asleep. Usually if you can orgasm and then not move and not really think of anything your body will fall right to sleep. Something to try that doesn't really have a negative side effect. ;)
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 1:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010