Breast milk. adult content

Has anyone produced milk way early in their pregnancy? my books have been hurting really bad, and I keep finding dried colostrum on my nipple! It's mad crazy. my sister can produce outside of pregnancy and without just having a baby. I am pregnant with my 2nd child, and my shirt was wet n' i'm like WTH!? sure enough, here I am leaking. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before, my midwife says it's out of the norm.
Also, if you have, were your breasts, particularly your nipples WICKED sore?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your nipples will be wicked sore after the baby starts nursing, too. I actually have the opposite problem. I stopped nursing in October -- we were down to one feeding a day by then -- and I'm still producing milk. I'm guessing that's out of the norm, too.

If it starts staining your bras or clothes, you can try nipple pads. Once you have the baby and start nursing, your body learns how much milk it needs to produce and the pain and leaking will stop.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, with all three of my pregnancies, I would start leaking early.Sometimes I wake up with my nightclothes wet. Sometimes my nipples are sore but for the most part they are not.
    But its to the point now(I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow) that i can just squeeze my boob and milk will come out of it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, with both my pregnancies I produced milk very early in pregnancy. With my 1st I remember leaking at around 20-22 weeks, and with this pregnancy I noticed it around 14 weeks. My OB says it's normal, just wear nursing pads if you're leaking a lot. It's actually a better thing to start producing early in pregnancy, you have a better chance of being able to successfully breastfeed at birth without needing to formula feed on top of it.
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 4:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I breast fed my daughter, and was hardly sore ever. Sometimes the positions would be wrong, but adjusting her would relieve the pain. But this pregnancy is killing my breasts! Some days are worse than other with the pain and the slightest touch kills. They don't really stain anything because it is still the clear i'm coming in stuff! I nursed my daughter for 4 months and then went back to work and i dried up perfectly fine, a little pain in the oh God i'm all filled up and can't get rid of it anymore. But this early and wicked pain is ALL new to me!
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• with both of my kids I never produced any thing til like five days after they were born and even then I produced a very lil bit it was never enough to satisfy my baby
    QuEeN_bEe_03

Answer by QuEeN_bEe_03 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• This is my Third pregnancy and my production started at about 22-24 weeks.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• How about, i'm only like 14 weeks.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010