This guy I have been talking to is sooo sweet....

I have only known him for 2 weeks we talk all day long then i am with him till 1 in the morning everynight (My child is sleeping in the bed and taken care of before i leave) He has met my child before at a public fast food place. Then on her birthday I told him I was taking her to build a bear and said he could come along to if he wanted so he took us then took us to eat. He asked what I was doing tonight and I said I have to go to parent orientation and he said he wants to go with me (my child can't go its only for adults) He always is wanting to be together and I SOOO wanna be with him too. He says the sweetest things to me and told me he would really like to have me and my child in his life. Yeah i think it is moving way to fast but I just can't stop lol. I was treated so bad by my ex for years I don't know if this is how alot of guys are or did i just find a good one? An would you let him go everywhere with u or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• My SO was kinda like that...I met him and after two weeks it was amazing....he wanted to be apart of our lives and he loved us from the start...NOT ALL GUYS ARE LIKE THIS...but as wonderful as things feel right now...take it slow. I am happy for you mama :)
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 1:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You should be on your guard with this one. This sounds more controlling than sweet IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• how nice that he is so supportive of your parenthood. sounds like a catch! i have had great relationships that started with a bang - especially those where we could talk for hours all night. i know it's hard, but try to take it as slow as possible to make sure this is the best thing for you and your child.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Take it slow. I know you think he's great but when it comes to your child you should take precaution. I'm sure he's not one of these cases, but sometimes they are sweet just to get in your life and control it. Hopefully that's not the case with him, but you really need to keep your guard. Especially after only two weeks. I'd get to know him better before making any commitments.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• He does sound sweet...but it is too fast.
    I speak from personal experience...not just being a know it all.
    Back in my single mom hood days, I met a guy and we clicked right away. We only dated for 3 weeks but it felt like months. And then he was just gone.Moved on to someone else. No heads up. No warning.No reason why. I had even let him meet my son..which was against my better judgement..but this guy seemed so sweet and so sincere and it had been so long since someone made me feel the way he did. I truly believed it was just a love at first sight movie type romance. But, easy come..easy go.Just try to slow it down a bit.Too much too fast is no good..just like when you cook..you try to cook somthing too fast, it becomes nasty and you have to throw it away. Good Luck and best wishes to you.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You need to be very careful here. He may be for real, but he may also be telling you just what you want to hear, setting you up for something you may not want to be involved with. If he's the real deal, and if you tell him you need for him to slow down and back off a bit, he will be willing to wait. If that's not what he is interested in, you will know that all too soon. Anybody can put on a good show for a few weeks. It's what he's like over the long haul that makes all the difference.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Just one ? you said your child is sleeping and taken care of when u leave, Who is with your child when he/she is sleeping?
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 2:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yeah some guys are like that but yeah it good that he wants to go everywhere with you but it also ok to not go everywhere with each other then you might get sick of each other it good to have space & have your own privacy
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You can't assume he's mr. right after only two weeks. That's a bit pre-mature and naive. Get to know him better.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010