Is anyone a Luthern and can you explain what you believe and how you live out your faith?

I want to know if you pray to the saints ,like the Catholic church,do communion like the Catholic church and anything else related to the Catholic church.Thanx

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 10:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I belong to a Lutheran church,I was raised in a Catholic family but dont believe/follow that any more.We DO have communion the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month and every Wednesday service. We do believe it is OK to celebrate the holidays including Halloween. We DONT pray to saints,confess our sins to our Pastor( as in a Catholic confession) our kids when they are in 7th grade start confirmation classes.Our Pastor is very liberal and accepting/tolerant to all walks of life. Hope this helps,Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I got born again at a Calvary chapel and have tried other Christian churches.I like Luthern the best compared to the Catholic because there's less drama.I don't know what confirmation classes are.What does it mean to have a liberal pastor?I hope the Luthern churches aren't as religious as the Catholic.I'm used to laid back churches.I'm looking to deepen my faith by attending a Luthern church.I like the organ/choir,pews,stainglass window cathedral feel and pastors in gowns or priests for that matter.I like the traditions that I can't get from mainstream Christianity.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 1:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I am not Lutheran, but understand they have some of the same beliefs as Calvinists, like in the subject of predetermination. (It is already determined whether or not one will be saved). I think that's the term, and I definitely don't know for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• countingsparrows,Confirmation is basically re affirming your baptisimal vows only now you are old enough to speak the words and take responsibility for your own life as a Christian. As for our Pastor being liberal for him and us as a church,all are welcomed regardless of lifestyle choices,we dont make the sign of the cross and we leave out a few prayers found in a traditional Catholic church. Our Pastor at times will "look like a Pastor"( robes and all) but he feels that makes him unapproachable and better than all so he usually says service in casual dress clothes.I find the music similar I keep telling him we need to speed things up as does his wife. I hope you find what you are looking for,Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2008