Help! I need your advice! My 1 yr old daughter has a rash on her anus, up to her crack!?

I went to change my daughters diaper thismorning and noticed a rash inside her anus that goes up to her crack. Could this be because of constipation? She has had hard stools, which is one reason why my husband and I give her lots of fruits and apple juice. But we just started her on regular cows milk, I still nurse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be irritation from constipation or hard stools. It could also be diaper rash. If you're really concerned, call her doctor.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would just put some cream on it like zonc oxide or other diaper cream you like to use or a baby powder with cornstarch.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thank you, I know I am concernd because I don'tknow what is causing it. I usually use huggies wipes, I changed to comfort for baby wipes from Fredmyers. Maybe I should just stick with huggies.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My dr once told me that babies will push so hard that it will hurt them because of the hard stools. I know exactly what he means it happen to me. Ouch! LOl
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 2:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• First off, take her off cows milk! They put so many extra hormones in that stuff that my neighbors 8 year old just started her period! Try organic milk. And second, what does the rash look like? If it is a clump of red dots that go from point A to point B (and NOT a completely raised area of redness like other rashes) it may very well just be a moisture rash from sleeping in a dirty diaper. My daughter had something like that for two weeks and it freaked me out until I realized what it was (only because I started getting the same thing behind my knee from sweating in my sleep!). Just sprinkle that area with baby powder before bed to keep it dry. If thats not enough, you may have to actually get up in the night to change her diaper.
    Also, be careful of apple juice, there is a lot of sugar in them and too much can actually cause yeast infections in little girls. Funny how the stuff thats supposed to help can actually hurt, huh?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My dd had something like this....bad rash right around the hole mainly and then up her crack it was "cracked" open....and red too.

I took her to the Dr and the Dr said it was STREP on her bottom. She needed antibiotics to get rid of it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Try some desitin and some cornstarch. Open air works great. Let her run around with no diaper for awhile. The first couple weeks on cows milk their bm's are somewhat different while the system gets used to it. And if in doubt call your peditrician.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thank you for the advice. :) I agree with the Organic milk. Thank You :) I am going shopping in 4 days I will be getting it.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My son is a year old and he got a rash when we started giving him juice. After healing the one time, he hasn't got it again, but I don't give him a lot of juice during the day. I'd put some diaper rash cream on it and pay close attention to any thing that makes it worse. There may be a food allergy, or it could just be a fluke.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 4:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2010