my dauter is 2 months and wants to eat all the time? is it because her tummy hurts or isit because she is teething?? im a young mother and when i say young i mean 18teen. i dont know what to do

she crys she always has some thing in her mouth

jenniworth

Asked by jenniworth at 10:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 2 month old is exactly the same way, and it just started out of nowhere. One day he just acting hungry every 2 hours when he used to go 4 or more. His nurse said that babies go through growth spurts around 2 months so if he's hungry feed him, so I do. I was afraid of overfeeding him at first but I now feed him 5oz every 2 hours or so and he's good as new afterwards. I'm hoping he goes back to his regular schedule soon though! But on the brightside the more he eats during the day, the more he sleeps at night :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Try a binky :) some babies just like to suck on things.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I know what you mean by young and no knowing what to do. I had twins at 18. First off how old is she? Maybe she has colic. I know mine where like that and come to find out they have colic so I used mylicon drops. Or maybe she isn't getting full enough. Have you tried rice cereal? Or maybe it could be here teeth depending on old she is. You can try hylands teething tablets. Those things work wonders.
    Anonymous

• Try a binky! Definitely a binky! That should help. She may also be going through a growth spurt. 2 months is a little bit young for teeth though.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 11:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• some times babies just go through growth spurts and will eat frequently for a little while. i have a 8 week old and there will be times she'll be hungry for a bottle 2 hrs. latter. she usually eats 5 oz. every 3-4 hrs. or she may just want to suck so try a binky. but if she growing healthy and you doctor isn't concerned with her eating habbits then i wouldn't be either.
    mamma_lyn

Answer by mamma_lyn at 11:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree try a binky! I remember when my Daughter was 2 months, she cried alot. Sometimes babies are alittle bit colic or in mom terms they cry alot for really no reason. I would say feed her burp her and move her around in alot of different positions. Try the binky or maybe call your doctor for advice. I don't think babies get teeth just yet at 2 months...she just might be a hungry baby and might need a little more then 4 oz of a bottle. Do you have a baby swing?? I remember when my Daughter cried alot that helped somewhat. Hope this helps a little bit. Stay strong these days will pass....Good luck!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• some babies, go thru a growth spurt where they feel the need to eat alot.. you will start to notice it in the next couple of days.. one week all she will want to do is eat, then another week, she will want to sleep, and then another week she will grow like a weed. Are you breastfeeding exclusively? if you talk to your doctor ask about supplimenting some formula, if that is something you want to do. If you have any more questions.. msg me.. take care, anddont worry, she wont always want to eat you out of house and home..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If she's hungry-feed her. Babies go through groth spurts-when she's hungry, she's hungry.
    sweetp97024

Answer by sweetp97024 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• try a binky or if in doubt ask a doctor! :) do you have someone trusted whos older who can help you? and also dont give her rice cereal!!!! not till tleast 6mnths!
    bensmommy43008

Answer by bensmommy43008 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 8, 2008