When do I start potty training a little girl?

I have 2 boys 10 and 7 so it has been a while and it took forever to get them started. So I'm just wondering when I should start training my daughter.

sherri79

Asked by sherri79 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she's ready. Generally, girls are ready sometime between 1.5 years and 2.5 years. You really just have to keep an eye on your daughter and decide when the time is right for HER - not all the other kids in the world.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i dont know how old she is but i would start introducing it to her now so she isnt scared. but she will get it down when the time is right for her.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 10:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• they say to start potty training kids between 18-24 months
    Anonymous

• Oh I forgot to say she is 21months. she likes to watch the toilet flush (but what toddler doesnt) and she backs up to the toilet like she wants to get on it. i dont know what to do.
    sherri79

Answer by sherri79 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Try sistting her on it and take it from there. Just start slow and if you have 4 other people in the house she might want to be just like everyone eles and just start using it. My daughter was like that at school all of the her friends went potty and she did also but once she was at home she forgot what a toleit was. Start slow and take it from there.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Is she interested in watching her big brothers? My daughter started following bog brother, 7, into the bathroom at around 18 mths. or so. So we bought her a potty and put it in the bathroom. She then would sit on hers everytime big brother went in-Long story short-She's 25 mths. and potty trained! Pretty much did it herself.
    She will let you know when she's ready. Get the potty and put it in the bathroom. She will learn. "Monkey see, monkey do!" ;o)
    sweetp97024

Answer by sweetp97024 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2008