Would you slap your child? adult content

What do you think?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/18/mother-says-slapped-baby-flight-kick/?test=latestnews

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 2:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Travel

• Excuse the language, but Hell no! You NEVER slap an infant unless its on the back because they are choking! While a child might understand a LIGHT slap to tell them no with emphasis, a baby does not understand that, therefore, slapping them has no disciplinary benefits at all and is simple ABUSE. Someone save that baby, he's in for a rough childhood!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• First of all, I'd take this with a grain of salt, as it came from Fox News.
    Secondly... I spank my 20-month-old when needed. If she kicked me, then yes. I wouldn't slap her across the face or anything, but a swat on the ass gets her attention pretty well.

I think this may be a case of "people need to mind their own goddamn business." So now what - every time a mom punishes her child in public, it's gonna require a news story and everyone else sticking their nose where it doesn't belong? Let this mom handle her business.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• That's terrible
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i can't imagine slapping a 13 month old. did she really think it would make the baby stop crying?
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• wow..... sounds like CPS needs to get involved....wouldn't a dog bite that caused a bruise also pierce skin? I understand a slap on the hand maybe or a tap on the butt but (lol) on the face is not acceptable IMO
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• A dogbite in the face sounds suspicious to me as well unless they have proof that they went to the hospital or something. I don't see how you get a black eye from a dogbite. But maybe I just don't know.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would never slap my child in the face.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• A dog bite to the face?
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If she had slapped the girls leg I would understand, but slapping a 13 month old in the face, and the girl already had a black eye, doesn't sound right to me. And as for would I slap my child, I did once when my son slapped me in the face, but otherwise no.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The news story was first reported from an AP news wire. I think the reaction of the flight attendant was because they were in flight and she needed to keep the cabin calm. ***** New Mexico Law ***** 30-3-15. Battery against a household member. A. Battery against a household member consists of the unlawful, intentional touching or application of force to the person of a household member, when done in a rude, insolent or angry manner. B. Whoever commits battery against a household member is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010