WHAT KING OF CHANCE DO I HAVETO GET PREGNANT AND CARRY A HEALTHY BABY AFTER HAVING AN ECTOPIC PREGNANCY AND GETTING TREATED WITH METHOTREXATE?

ME AND MY BOY FRIEND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BABY , I HAD A MISSCARAGE IN FEBUARY AND IN AUGUST I HAD A ECTOPIC , WE COUGHT IT IN TIME AND IT WAS TREATED WITH METHOTREXATE , SO I STILL HAVE BOTH OF MY TUBES .I WORRIE ABOUT MY AGE , I AM 34 I WILL BE 35 IN APRIL .WELL IF ANY ONE HAS EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE THIS OR HAVE ANY WORDS OF HOPE FOR ME I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM. THANXS

VANESSAW_500

Asked by VANESSAW_500 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• ASK YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

• Well, I can't answer this fully, because I never took Methotrexate. But, when I was 17, I had an ectopic pregnancy in my right fallopian tube. The surgeon who performed the D&C, and the repairation of my right fallopian tube(Dr.Barringer), did an awesome job. I became pregnant with my first son just over a year later, no fertility drugs or anything. And now, I have 4 sons, and am pregnant with a 5th child. So, clearly in my case, the ectopic didn't affect my fertility in the least. I become pregnant too easily. lol I wish you all the best, and hope that you have the same great results that I've experienced;)
    Misty42977

Answer by Misty42977 at 4:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm also trying to get pregnant after having a tubal back in january. I'm going through the same terrible questions in my head. Will it happen again? Who knows, i think all that we can do is try. I think that every woman is different and not everyone's bodies heal the same. But i do remember my doctor telling me that we could try again but to wait 6 months 4 it to heal. I had to have the baby removed w/surgery. So I still have my tube also, but is still causing me pain sometimes. So best of luck to u.
    linda152

Answer by linda152 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008