Any ideas?

I'm a full time college student and mommy to 3. I have to do a 5 minute demonstration speech for my speech class next week. I know there are tons of things I do every day that I can demonstrate. I am trying to think of something cute or interesting. Any ideas?

mykidsrock77

Asked by mykidsrock77 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• How about demonstrating you getting everyone ready in the AM... It would be entertaining, but also informative... Believe me.. Any mom that does what I am sure you do, is heroic to me!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i did a demonstrative speech once on giving a yard sale and put some humor in it. it went over really well. my buddy did one on baking brownies and it was really good. do something you do often and are comfortable with, the subject shouldnt be graded as much as your facts and delivery. GOOD LUCK
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• How about, how to change a baby diaper without getting peed/ pooped or puked on? Then coming and showing me how LOL What about how to get your husband/so to do dishes
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I did one on how to make a PB&J. it was fun and since you have to say everything like turn the lid to the right to take it off... and so on...it was def. long enough plus i got to eat it when i was done =)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I know it sounds crazy, but since it is only a five minute demo, why not do something simple like tying your shoes or zipping a zipper? It sounds like a no-brainer, but trust me, it is SO hard to get the steps phrased so that you can get the task accomplished! I did one once on buttoning a shirt and it took me the whole five minutes! It was hard to do, but so much fun!
    Mardibug

Answer by Mardibug at 12:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• giving birth would be one ,,, nope that may be way tmi lol lol jk ,how about how to brush your teeth or how to make a baby bottle ,or how to properly tie a tie? just thoughts lol good luck i hope you ace it ! hugs Reeda
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It is funny how the list is really endless but coming up with something is hard. On one hand anything done daily or regularly would be fine. Running the sweeper, making a bed, doing dishes, getting dressed, maybe even the thought process that went into coming up with an idea. The only suggestion I will give is to go over it a couple of times because if it is something you do all the time, don't be surprised if you miss a step or two. Good Luck!
    mom-n-grandma-4

Answer by mom-n-grandma-4 at 3:51 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• How about how your agenda on how you clean all of your kids? My sis is a single mom of 4 that goes to nursing school full time. She does it in shifts. (yank one out, put one in, dress one, undress another) Just bathing the children could become informative and hilarious!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008