My toddler uses her hair as a napkin :( Help PLEASE!

She is 19 months so she is in her food flinging prime! I can deal with the food flinging, but I don't like the fact that she thinks that her hair is a napkin.

She flings her food then does not like food on her hands so she tries to clean her hands with her hair :(

How do I do some behavior control?

superclutz

Asked by superclutz at 3:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she starts flinging food, just say ok, your done, and get her down and wash her up. If she says she is still hungry, tell her food is for eating not throwing and let her try again. Eventually, shr will get hungry enough to put the food in her mouth. As far as her getting the food in her hair, if you clean her hands as soon as she starts flinging food, it should stop the problem.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 3:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• the hair thing.. is it long enough to put it up? or what you could try.... when you give her food and she starts doing that take the food away give her a napkin and tell her use the napkin not your hair or you can't eat! she will eat eventually
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 4:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010