How much...

do you want your child's teacher to communicate with you?

should be expected of parents when working with their children at home?

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think there shld always be communication with the parents, esp with any particular poblems the child maty be having, a specific subject, a child, attitude .They need to keep you well informed, they have them all day. Call if their is a medical problem, and handle any minor ones thru the nurse. Parents shd be making sure their chd are doing thheir homewk every night, getting a good nights sleep. Having a good breakfast to start the day. How to act in class and on the bus, a lot of kids don't even have the basic please and thank you skills in the lower grades, at least when I worked in as a Home Room Mother they didn't. Teachers are there to teach the A.B.C's the parents are to do the parent things at home.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• AS much as necessary. A problem arises, I'd like to be informed. Doing well, I'd liked to be informed. She has my email address and phone number, she can call me whenever necessary.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Parents are ultimately responsible for the education of their children.

I am my son's teacher, so I have not dealt with school teachers, but if I had to, I would be the one making sure communication is constant.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I want an update daily
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I want to know as much as needed. Behavior in class and out at recess, school work, home work, all of it. I want to be involved in my children's school years as much as I can.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i want my kids' teacher to tell me if there is something wrong or if he is struggling in class somehow. otherwise, i think the quarterly parent/teacher conferences should be enough. what i expect of myself when working with my kids at home is i expect to check his homework every night and help him study for tests. i expect him to tell me about his school day, and i am going to be very involved in the pto/voulenteer at his school.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My son's teachers love to call me at work, at home and on my cell...LOL I don't need them too much more in my life.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• military schhol teachers send a weekly e-mail to all parents, and if more is needed that would be fine :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If there are issues I would expect daily communication. I talk weekly by email or phone with my son's teacher in case, it's required.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010