Besides birth control is there anything to make your cycle more regular?

My cycle has always been irregular. I have been on birth control in the past, for me it acts as a depressant to an already depressed person. So I don't take it anymore. (I am extremely safe the rare times that I do have sex). Any one know of something else that I could take (with no side effects) or do to get my cycle regular? It's frustrating to never know when it is going to show up. It would be nice to be a little more prepared. And when I say irregular I mean that it could be every two, four, six, eight weeks. It's never the same. Any help would be great. Thanks Moms. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Health

• Wish I had an answer for you but sadly I don't that is the only true way that I know of.
    Anonymous

• one thing to try, if you're willing, is cloth menstrual pads. there are toxins and chemicals in the paper and plastic kinds, and cloth pads have been shown to lighten your period and reduce cramps, and help your body regulate itself
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Exercise helps.
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2008