Birth control pills for your teenagers?

would you put your teen girl on the BC Pill even if you do believe she is not having sex but you are worried when or if you think they can medically benefit her. Or do you do this already?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 3:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would if it turns out my daughter has endometriosis like me. my periods were really horrible when i was a teenager especially, and all my mom would do was give me tylenol. it was really torture and i refuse to do that to my daughter
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would. Teens lie, they lie and they have sex a lot of them do atleast. I rather put my teen on BC then have her be a teen mom. (Not trying to offend teen moms, it's just way harder to raise a kid before you have your life together)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes, she will go on BC as soon as I feel it is necessary. There is no need for her life to be ruined because I was negligent.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, I would not dose my teenager with additional hormone unless there was a VERY good reason. I would be more inclined to push other forms of birth control that protect against pregnancy AND disease.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would definetly do that. My mom put me on it when i was 16
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We are 10 years from this decision but I believe I would.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Better safe than sorry.So absolutely yes! to bc.
    WeAre138

Answer by WeAre138 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I will talk to my daughter about it at 12 to 14 and ask that she be open with me. Though I do not condone sex before marriage I am not stupid and she should not be either. She will know all of her options and that she should use not only BC but a condom as well...EVERY time. I want her to feel comfortable in asking me for them when she is ready but I will not assume anything of her.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• at about 12 I will talk to my daughters and let them decide if they feel that they will need it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• This is another one of the reasons I'm glad I have boys. Hypothetically if there was a good reason - yes I would put my daughter on birthcontrol. As it stands I have placed a jar of condoms in my livingroom for my son to use, while he says he hasn't taken them and his friends have, I have a comfort level knowing he is using them (in the event he's lying about his friends taking them)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010