Im trying to figure out a cheap or free place to have a bday in january. Any suggestions?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• your house lol. that's where we have all our parties
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Bowling alley for bumper bowling! The venue is free, you can carry in the cake, and rent a lane or two by the hour for cheap.
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 3:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have a small apartment so that wouldnt work to well
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• What about having a party at home? It doesn't have to be a big, elaborate thing. My boys will be 4 this fall and I've always done a "birthday play date" I invite a few of their friends and their moms to come and play (no gifts) and we have cupcakes and sing at snack time. I get balloons and fun plates, napkins to dress it up and the boys love it. We follow it up by having family for cake and presents at another time. Last year at their birthday play date we did a book exchange. Each child brought a wrapped book and after cake we put them in a pile, the kids drew numbers and one by one they'd come up and get a book.
    Just a thought.
    If you live where it snows, it might be fun to have a sledding party in your local park or a friends' backyard. Bring a couple of thermoses of hotchocolate along and a sweet treat.
    Happy party planning!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 3:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Cheapest way is always at home :)
    Bowling Alley
    Church hall...they usually only require a donation to book the hall..I usually give $50 for it
    McDonalds Playland
    I dont know..cant think of anythign else top of my head...
    Oh but I wanted to ad that for my sons 8th birthday, I too was living in a small apartment and we managed a bday party there in March.It was crowded, but it was fun.
    Afterward, I had all the parents drive thier kids up to a skating rink that I found that charged only $1.00 per child to rent the skates and $1.00 to skate. It was outdoor and it was really fun.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• depends on kids ages...for small kids, check out the library (pun intended)
    for older kids, you could have a scavenger hunt in the mall, eat at food court or pizza place in mall, carry in ur homemade cake.
    outdoors in cold weather, you could do an outdoor sledding/snowman building party with hot chocolate etc
    . or icefishing for big boys.
    pastamom

Answer by pastamom at 3:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Your house. A relatives house. A neighbor's house.
    You can also check out local churches. They tend to rent out rompus rooms for a certain price.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• you can do it in a park where there is a playground & you can reserve a table just buy the cake & let all the moms bring the drinks for kids & the gifts
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Have a sledding party in the park!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010