Organic milk or regular for children/ adults?

I want whatever has less hormoans! I want what is natural what kind of milk and brand should I be buying? Any advice? Thank You.:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• A little while back my mom had noticed that my little sister (now eight, but at the time was seven) had begun to develop some breast tissue and the doctor recommended she only drink organic milk because he believed it was the hormones in this milk encouraging early development (which of course is physically unnatural and psychologically detrimental). It was also recommended to me to drink only organic, hormone free milk while I was pregnant for similar reasons. So I absolutely recommend going organic on this one! Many stores offer hormone free, just check the labels. Even a walmart store brand offers hormone free, but I don't remember what it's called. I would suggest checking out the labels until you find one you like and can stick with. :)
    MamaSunBear

Answer by MamaSunBear at 3:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• http://www.shamrockfarms.net/products/organic

This is the kind of milk we buy.. it's so much better than regular cheap milk too.. it doesn't even have a smell what it curdles. =)
    EveMomToThree

Answer by EveMomToThree at 3:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We started buying organic milk around 3 yrs ago. We buy the Central Market brand form H-E-B. About a yr ago my grandkids wanted to try Almond milk, so we bought some. (original, not the vanilla). They love it. It has half the calories and all the same nutrition. I asked their pediatrician and she said absolutely no issue. What I love most, i know there is zero possibility of hormones.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We buy 2% milk.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We don't drink cow's milk. We use almond or hemp milk instead.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• we don't drink cows milk and we don't use a milk substitute either.
    you could also drink raw milk!
    personally, i believe that you should only drink your mothers milk while you are an infant.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Honestly my family drinks only organic and eats only organic meat. There is alot of hormones in the cows and it is causing serious effects in children. I normally use horizon organic milk or archer farms. Both are available at target, if you have a super target.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 8:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Organic milk is better. I don't like the stuff that is ultra pasturized, though. It has a chemically taste.
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If your do dairy...organic
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 11:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• We buy milk that is hormone and antibiotic free, although it is not organic. I do not drink dairy so I get almond breeze. If you do dairy, I say look around your area and see if you have any local dairy farmers. Thats what my mom did with us growing up. The milk was awesome, she would also make butter out of the cream.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2010