MOVE OVER!

Okay people when you see any kind of emergency vehicle whether it be police, ambulance, fire truck with their sirens on, MOVE OVER!
Today 3 different times I've seen emergency vehicles trying to get through traffic with sirens blaring and all but no one would move. Some vehicles speed up like they were trying to race them or something. Please don't do that! They are in a hurry for a reason! God forbid you ever need a emergency vehicle to help you and people pull the same stunt and not move. People lives may be at risk. So move the F*** OVER! Sorry just needed to vent because it just irritated me seeing that today. Do you see it happen often where you live? Do you move over as soon as you see and hear those lights/sirens? Once I located which way they are coming I move my ass over even if they don't turn down the road I'm on. Better safe then sorry.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Just a few weeks ago we had an ambulance stranded on a median island; the driver had been trying to get around traffic and bottomed out. That could have been avoided had people just MOVED!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I see it, too! It's like they get dumbfounded and just don't know what do to. Or they all go in all directions, and so the emergency vehicle still can't get through. It's crazy. It's too bad there isn't some way of them getting tickets for not pulling off the road. I find myself yelling at other drivers to get the F out of the way. Then I look like the a-hole. Funny how that works.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It isn't just being polite or caring. There are laws on the books of most states requiring you to move over if a vehicle is stopped on the side of the road and to "give way" for emergency vehicles to pass.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• As a former Boston Paramedic, don't even get me started!! LOL

There were times when we would literally turn on the loudspeakers and DIRECT specific cars out of the way!! "Yellow Volkswagen, move to the right lane...blue Toyota let the yellow Volkswagen in!  UGH!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• See this ALL the time

People are stupid

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I TOTALLY AGREE! That drives me NUTS! All I think is "you selfish idiot what if its YOUR mother/sister/husband/child/ loved one!!"
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i agree i always move even if i have to honk at other cars to move
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• it's the freaking law. and it's bad karma!

You don't move, you're going to die of your heart attack because no one's going to be able to get to you!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• At the same time sometimes it's hard to get over if they show up from nowhere and you didn't notice them. What I really hate though is when the person next to me doesn't move over and then I look like the idiot who doesn't get over right away.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree but many times as loud as the sirens are people don't hear them right away. I've noticed that myself, that maybe their sirens need to be even louder so you hear them before they come up on you. When you do notice you should move to the right and stop pronto
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2010