Mouth bleeding?

The other day my 8 week old was sucking on his fingers and then out of nowhere started screaming. When I pulled his hand out of his mouth it was covered in blood, scared the %$&* out of me!! It was coming from the roof of his mouth and I'm thinking he may have just cut it with his nails? But I'm also wondering if it could have been something up there that he ruptured, I don't know. He's fine now and it hasn't happened since. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow! I bet that was scary. I haven't seen that happen before, but I would have made the same guess that you did about his fingernails. If he seems fine now, he probably is, but I would still ask the doc at his next appt.
    proud_mommy_87

Answer by proud_mommy_87 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I am a dental assistant and nothing pops up on the top of my head??? It prob' was his finger nail.. Poor thing!! :(
    AmberleesMoMMy

Answer by AmberleesMoMMy at 11:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008