• In the Spotlight:

How many of you use your older kids as a free live-in baby sitter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Hey if they live under roof and eat your food and use your heat, they better baby sit and do it with a smile! ;)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Child labor totally ROCKS!!!!
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 12:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• no,my kids are way too young for that lol lol ,besides it would be like lord of the flies over here if i did lol lol ,i use to babysit my younger brothers and sisters when i lived at home i didnt mind it i loved being with them im closer to them now because of it .But my kids i wont let the older ones watch over the littler ones ,heck actually i dont let anyone watch my kids unless it is an emergency and my sisters come to the rescue since i watched their little butts so they are paying it forward and i do the same for them lol lol
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I was a live in baby sitter and I LOVED it!! :) my oldest will be one TOO.. I agree with SkyeGirl Child Labor ROCKS!!!! I can't wait to use it!! :)
    Leauna
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 2:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have 4 kids. They range in age from 32 -8.( Ok I hear laughing out there) Actually it isn't that bad most days. There are days when I have to remind myself that he (the 8 yr old) was as planned as planned could be. (Ok here goes another laugh) My kids are 32-29-26 & 8. My grand babies are 6-5- almost 4 & 3. My 29 year old lives near me and I babysit for her when she works. So, every now and then I do have her sit for me. Sometimes I have her take or pick up her brother from karate. A lot of times we will do supper together. One of us will cook. That is nice. The other kids live away. Richmond and now San Fransisco. Way too far!!!
    mom-n-grandma-4

Answer by mom-n-grandma-4 at 3:41 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I love child labor. My 15yr old babysits his younger sisters if we want to go out for the evening or if we need to run errands and don't want to take the kids.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i was doing this at twelve, but i really wasn't ready for it. i was a terrible babysitter for my younger brother. it didn't help that my mom told me that i couldn't make him leave the house if he didn't want to, and this was during the summer, mind you, and i wasn't allowed out after dark when my mom got home, and it was too late to really go anywhere at that point, anyway. so i beat him up to get him to go out to swim, out of the house in general. he was 4 years younger than me, if you are wondering. i was really just a kid myself. i understand not everyone can afford a full time sitter, like my mom couldn't, but 12 and 13 are just too young to watch kids. sometimes 14 too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 8, 2008