I'll be traveling with my 4 year old son from Georgia to California in a moving truck just he and I...ANy good and affordable ideas on how to keep him entertained for 2000 miles?

Traveling from Georgia to Southern California w/ 4 year old son... :{

IcUtEmOmMy9804

Asked by IcUtEmOmMy9804 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• take lots of books and coloring books. have a portable dvd player and his favorite movies. some of his favorite toys maybe get some disposable cameras and have him take some pictures of the trip... it will keep him occupied and you will get some cute pictures....hopefully =)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• surprises (dollar store goodies and treats) every so many miles. Can be anything from coloring books to action figures. If he can see the odometer and knows numbers or can tell time tell him the next number he will get a new cool surprise at
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes.....books,dvd player might work, kids cd's to sing along to. Maybe a small hand held game to play that is cheap. Snacks and blankets with pillows for comfort. You could always make up games along the way....like 1st to find a car with a dog in it. Of course you are driving but it might keep him entertained. I like the idea of a disposable camera. Good luck and safe travels!!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Buy a couple cheap movies for the road and let him open one at every state line.... or a similiar type item.
    Play I-spy. Make shapes out of clouds, look for shooting stars.
    LanieBug707

Answer by LanieBug707 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Portable DVD player. Lots of his favorite toys. Coloring books. Play dough. Favorite sing-along songs (you sing, too). Plenty of healthy snacks. Most of all, stop by McD play area.
    Meachan

Answer by Meachan at 11:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• These are all great ideas...I have taken VERY long trips with my daughter also and I used some of these ideas. Another thing that she seemed to enjoy are the magnetic books, or sceneries. They're really cute and kept her using her imagination for a while. We also played I Spy with colors, shapes, and letters. Try a mini dry erase board that you can get at the dollar store or at target for a dollar. Be creative...and I really like the camera idea too! Have a safe trip.
    MelodyLG

Answer by MelodyLG at 2:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Make sure that you have lots of coloring books, blank paper, and crayons. Maybe even a couple packs of crayons. Also try when you see a buck stop or dollar store, he can go in and pick out something new. That way he will stay busy playing with his new things. I know this is going to sound bad, but also you can stop at the McDonalds that have the play places once or twice. He can get out and run around and probably fall asleep for at least a little bit after.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Well, I agree with the others answers, go for it. I Travel a lots, with my two little girls , one is 4 and the other is two. We normaly fly to Brazil, I always keep a Portable DVD player fully charged and they favorite movies, also I keep coloring books, for the time we are waiting for the next fly. I do the same when we travel by road. Work for us. Good luck. PS. I travel alone with them. The husband stay behind he have to work to pay the expences of the trip.
    Zenn

Answer by Zenn at 12:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2008