How can this be?

I have been searching for a friend for years. With my husbands encouragment I finally found him. He lives 55 mins away. Ok, a little background info. We were the best of friends and that's all there was. We didn't feeling anything for each other, just pure friendship. He protected me and was always there for me. Anyway, I decide to mapquest the address and it isn't found wtf? I would've prefered calling first, but I can't get a phone number for the address. How can his address not show up when I mapquest it? It is a teeny tiny town, wouldn't be too hard to find him but still.. I won't post the address.. But if someone is willing to help me figure this out I would appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Travel

• If it's a teeny tiny town maybe it's not mapped, the town I grew up in has a map with streets, but no house numbers. And all mail is delivered to a local post office with postal boxes.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If you have a GPS, try putting it in there and see if it comes up? GL!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Google maps tends to find stuff that Mapquest can't.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Try using RandMcnally.com or Googlemap These two are the only ones that can find my address. GL
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• mapquest sucks!sorry but for small towns it normally can't find the address. . .try other gps and mapping programs. . . GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 4:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thanks a bunch! I will try those. I will be back to update.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Could be. I know when I typed the address it posted 2 towns with it lol. Those towns are like right on top of each other. That's basically what I was able to pull, a map with streets.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nothing on any of those. Pulls up a post office and a few other shops. Almost looks like 3 towns combined, which is weird lol. His address doesn't include a P.0. box. Idk. I just hate to show up out of the blue... Maybe I will just write before I do. ..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would write him a letter first before just showing up. Then go from there. Congrats on finding your friend :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thank you! I am thrilled I was able to find him. Sounds like he got big. 5"1 and 177lbs, He was always tall and very skinny. He got beat up because of my cousin one day, omg I was so mad. Thankfuly he never held that against me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2010