cat hair everywhere

what can i do for cleaning the sheets with all the cat hair?he sheds everywhere ?i have black sheets,and all my staff is full of cat hair

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 4:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• First off, he is probably shedding due to the season. I would brush him out until the brush is no longer full of hair. Just keep brushing and brushing until all the loose, old hair is gone. After that you will see significantly less cat hair in the home. For hair removal on clothes/furnature get one of those sticky, tape rollers that is ment to remove lint. Or even tape (masking tape works well) and pick all the hair up with the tape.

http://www.terrificpets.com/pet_supplies/cat/grooming/bristle-brushes/
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• try brushing the kitty more often that would prevent him from shedding often.
    as far as your things he needs to know he can not just lay where he pleases you need to make new rules he is just spoiled now GL
    For now use a lint remover or duct tape/masken tape to help remove some hair.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Those Pledge lint rollers work really well too.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree with brushing kitty more often. also just an idea, Maybe keep all bedroom doors closed and off limits to kitty cat. That limits where the cat hair gets. It's much easier to manage vacuuming your living room and couch than it is washing your sheets and clothes that were clean in the closet every 3 days!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• They have this glove thing out thats like a brush, try that out. It makes the cat think your petting him & he's getting brushed...

the lint rollers work well.

&& worse comes to worse change the color of the sheets...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have two kitties... a short hair and a long hair. I live by the lint brush and the vacuum. I make sure they get brushed often because even the short hair sheds and we aren't even gonna go there with my fluffy cat... I put a window perch in my basement window that is made of warm soft fleece and that is there new sleepy place. It is a south window at ground level so they feel like they are outside sleeping in the sun with the flowers. They don't sleep on my bed anymore!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• thanks ladies for ur advices!
    tigernina

Comment by tigernina (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Aug. 19, 2010