Who sees a chiropractor?

I never believed in chiropractic, until a chiropractor helped my mom who could barely walk to walking normally again. My son also has been going since he was an infant. My son and I rarely get sick because of chiropractic. So I just wondered how many moms out there go to one and do any of you get your kids adjusted?

JGRIMMER

Asked by JGRIMMER at 4:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• I've used them but don't swear by them. They have their place in conjunction with a real medical doctor. The last one I saw was terrible but the xrays showed a problem I had to have taken care of by a medical doctor. The one before her misdiagnosed me and made me worse. I ended up in Physical Therapy to undo what she did. See your medical doctor first. Adjustments are nice but like my Physical Therapy folks told me, chiropractors provide a band aid to real problems sometimes when you might need something else. They do a quick fix but a temporary fix to keep you coming back. In P. T. they teach you how to fix it yourself so you don't have to keep going back. I would not take my children though.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my daughter's first day home we took her to the chiropractor. he helped alot with breastfeeding because she was out of line and it bothered her to feed off the right side lol. he's been working on my back for 3 years since i had a bad car accident and is now a family friend. he even gave us the high chair and baby swing we have.
    pretend2fly

Answer by pretend2fly at 4:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I go, although not nearly as much as I should. I saw the same Chiro for almost 20 years and since he died I'm having issues finding another I like as much as I liked him. My children have both gone since birth.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i get adjusted!
    we all get adjusted weekly, the kids included!
    my husband is a chiropractor : )
    he actually gets adjusted at least twice a week.
    we don't get sick very often either, and we attribute that to our adjustments and living well!
    my kids have actually never been on any medication (yet anyhow!)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010