Loss of Sexual Interest

Please help. I'm 23 and been married for 2 years but been together 4 1/2 years. Ever since birth of daughter 18 months ago, I have lost interest in sex. I do have some stress in my life and have been on the depo shot up until this month. I am trying to find a way to make me more energetic and want to be intimate with my husband. Please help. It is causing maritial problems. Willing to try anything before going on meds. Thanks.

missgreatness04

Asked by missgreatness04 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I know after I had my daughter (I was 19 at the time) it took a long time before I was even interested a little, and even then it wasn't often. The birth of a child is a huge thing not only for your body, but for your life as a whole. When I ran into that problem, I sat down and talked with my husband and just explained that it was not any indication of how I felt about him, but that with all the changes in my body and in my way of living, I just wasn't as sexually motivated as I once was. And with time and his understanding and support, it came back. The other thing that I would mention, because you didn't say one way or the other, is if you are having any kind of problems with post-partem depression, that will also cause you to have a hard time falling back into the sexual swing of things. All else fails, talk to your doc and see what he/she thinks about it. Good luck, and God Bless!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think that it really depends on u & when u feel ready. I'm not really sure what sime things 2 try might b though. Sorry.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2008