is choclate milk bad for my 2 year old?

my 2 year old boy loves choclate milk. nesquik put into reg. milk. all the time , before bed , in bed . when he gets up .. he does like water. but he wont drink water at these times. is this bad?

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 4:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• To much sugar IMO. Especially NesQuik. I would suggest Ovaltine if anything. And not every cup he has either. And he really only needs 2 cups of milk a day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't think so just make sure they brush their teeth bc of the sugar.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My 2 1/2 year old loves chocolate milk also but I only give it to him as a special drink. Like after he ate his dinner. He doesnt like water so I put like a splash of juice in the water and then he drinks it
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It is recommended to NOT give a child milk before bed as it can rot the teeth. Juice can do it as well. Water is the best before bed. I would limit his milk intake, and suggest water as more as well.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Giving him chocolate milk in bed may rot his teeth. It certainly can contribute to cavities. Giving him chocolate milk this often may also cause him to be overweight. My opinion is that chocolate milk should only been given as an occasional treat and not even daily. My son is 2 yr and 4 months old and my daughter is 4 yr old and neither has even tasted chocolate milk.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• depends, are you putting a teaspoon or 2 or 6 table spoons in it? I think in moderation it's fine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I do agree with the in bed not being a good idea though...even white milk in bed isn't a good idea though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sounds like entirely too much sugar for me. We never blatantly give our daughter sugar products. I would stick to regular milk and maybe a small glass of chocolate milk a few times a week or on special occasions. You've probably already got him hooked on it, and getting him off of it isn't going to be fun but it needs to happen.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'm left scratching my head, wondering why parents think that sugar is OK...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Everything in moderation.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2010