my doctor thinks i have a bladder infection and wont have the urine specimin for two days but still prescribed antibiotics. is it safe to take?

wyattsmom281

Asked by wyattsmom281 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I recently had a bladder infection to and if they know ur pregnant then the meds they give you are baby safe no worries
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes I believe so. I had this same situation w/ my Daughter. It's weird but they just want you to get started on the meds just in case. Good luck!
    MayMommy07

Answer by MayMommy07 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yes, I had 3 bladder infections while pregnant with my twins. The meds are safe.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 11:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yup- I got a bladder infection when I was preggo with my first. I called my doctor and described my symptoms over the phone. She called in my perscription to a pharmacy on the spot. And thank God she did! Oh it was awful!
    Bladder infections/Urinary tract infections are VERY common during pregnancy-and the little blue pills they give you are safe as far as I know!
    sweetp97024

Answer by sweetp97024 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i just got over one .. what are you taking? i had ampilicillin it is a very very safe antibiotic to take pregnant ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2008