would you believe them?

I'm not going into detail. But i have been with this guy for 2 yrs and wew have 2 kids and i am pregnant. But my friends and family say that we are falling apart and fast that we really dont look happy and that we dont need to be together.
what would you do if someone so close to you said that to you bout your relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I would stop and take a really good, hard look at my relationship. Ask yourself am I happy? Is he happy? Are we communicating? If you start to think that we are in fact falling apart, I would suggest couple's therapy to find out why.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ditto

Answer by admckenzie at 12:18 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• ditto again
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I agree with the other two. If you were happy & functional it would be obvious to everyone but the reverse is true in your case. I wouldn't be offended by it. I would be grateful that they care enough to say something. You owe it to your kids to work on your relationship. My hubby and I spent a year in counseling and after a year break we are going back because we have had some arguments that we aren't able to come to an agreement on. There's no shame in it. In fact, it's something to be proud of - that you are mature enough to realize that you need help and that you both want what's best for your family.
    indexmom

Answer by indexmom at 12:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I guess it would depend on the situation. Are these people who love or at least like and respect both of you? Or do they not like one of you and thus would want to see you break up? How do YOU feel about your relationship? How does HE feel? *That* is what is important. I personally think it is irresponsible for anyone to encourage a couple with 2 kids and another on the way to break up, particularly if they don't think they have major problems. Only YOU (meaning you and your man) know what is up with you. So, do some soul searching, and be completely honest with yourself and with him, and ask that he do the same. If you feel you need help, then get help...but if you both think you're doing okay, then I wouldn't worry too much about what other people say.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:03 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If they were wrong I would correct them. If they were right I would listen and get there opinion...Only you know the truth about the situation.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 3:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2008