I'm living in the middle of nowhere and it's so hard to make friends

i moved here about 2 years ago and I have not made one friend. All of my good friends are back home (we've all been friends since grade school)and I just get so lonely. It's 45 miles to the nearest store, resturant and civilization. I did not have a choice when I moved here and I am beginning to think I will never go back home. How can I make friends my age when I am in the middle of West Texas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I have lived in a very populated area for 6 years and I have only made 2 friends of my own. I stay at home and I sometimes wonder if I would have more friends if I worked. I get frustrated too because I would love to have more friends but I am like you and don't know what else to do. That is why I joined CafeMom yesterday to try to make friends but so far I am out of luck. Why don't you come visit me on my page sometime. I would love to have you!
    Nan3

Answer by Nan3 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I live in a very crowded area and have to say I dont have many friends either it all depends on what you are looking for and want from a person.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 12:16 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I feel you!!! I got a part time job just to make some friends. But I never see them unless I'm at work and they aren't even "real" friends.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm in the same boat
    I moved to east texas from L.A. i've been here 2 years and have one friend who dose'nt even like me. cafe mom is like my only outlet. sometimes I feel like i'm gonna go CRAZY
    momontherun32

Answer by momontherun32 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Would it be possible 4 any of ur friends 2 visit?
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I recently moved too and the only friend that i have, thats a girl, is my best friend that is back home. we talk on the phone every day. i have made a couple friends at work, that are guys, we just talk and joke around at work, but nothing like my best friend. if i couldn't talk to her on the phone everyday, i'd be lost.
    shortcake_28

Answer by shortcake_28 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Have you looked into what is available in your community? I realize in the country, community can be far reaching. I spent a lot of time on farms, far from town, myself. I was lucky enough to have family around. But many of my aunts and cousins belong to Homemakers clubs and other organizations, which not only gets them out and about a couple times a month, but allows them to meet other people who live relatively close (within 10 miles, say), and develop new friends.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2008