What does having your membranes stripped feel like? During and After?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Painful and crampy is what I hear. And when I am pregnant, I refuse to have that done or even have a vaginal exam period. No need for it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Other than the intense-omg pressure, nothing. I started contracting very badly after OB did mine. Daughter was born that night =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It wasn't really painful for me, but very, very uncomfortable. Afterwards I had no cramping, but some spotting - it never worked for me at all, and I didn't bother with it after the first pregnancy.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Painfully, it caused terrible craps for a whole day after and lots of bleeding. It didn't put me into labor though. If you have the option of getting in done, DON'T
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, I had to get it done. DD was breech at 38 weeks and she had finally flipped down at 39 weeks. I wouldn't say NO avoid it under all circumstances. It was very beneficial to my situation in order to avoid a c-section.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It was uncomfortable for sure, then afterwards I had some spotting and cramping for a few hrs.... I had it done twice, the second time I went into labor that night
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my midiwfe just did that to me on Monday trying to get my labor to start naturally so I do not need to be induced next week. this is my second pregnancy and the first time I have had that done. It wasnt bad, definetly not painful but I am already dilated. It feels like a vaginal exam with more pressure, took my midwife maybe 30 seconds to complete it. afterwards I lost my mucous plug in an hour and have had very effective contractions since then. she said I could go into labor in 12-24 hours but no luck yet. I was 2 cm when I saw her on Monday and last night when I was in the hospital I was 4cm. She also rechecked me 3 times during my stay and she said that stripping my membranes worked great and things will be going soon.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 8:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nothing except a little bit of pressure when they are doing it.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 12:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2010