What are some natural ways to get labor going once your body/baby are ready?

Please let me know what ways you have tried that worked and what ones that haven't worked. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How is it natural if you are "trying" to get it started? Stop trying and let your body do it's thing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• well I am past my due date so it's either try natural ways on my own or get induced by drugs which I def don't want to do. I am trying to avoid that at all costs. I have contractions but they start and they stop. Docs are threatening induction and soon.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 4:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Don't let them. You can refuse. How far are you? 42 weeks and 1 day would be overdue. If you aren't there yet, they should really back off.

Most labor starters are really whack. LOL Try walking and sex and nipple stimulation. Those are the safest.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• this is gonna sound weird but i went into labor a week early cuz i had sex ...that next night i was going to the hospital lol
    mamaangel07

Answer by mamaangel07 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• you will naturally go into labor when your body/baby are ready. a NORMAL gestation period is from 38-42 weeks... you're not considered 'over due" until you pass 42 weeks.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I visaulized myself going into labor and that got it started and then i walked up a flight of stairs and that put me into full blown labor
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• BTW, you have EVERY LEGAL RIGHT to refuse treatment. If you are induced, it is because you consented. They CAN NOT FORCE YOU TO HAVE AN INDUCTION.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• **IF your body & baby are ready then you would be in labor or postpartum right now.

You can ask your doctor about weighing risks, insist on evidence that forcing labor on a healthy-normal pregnancy is a *safer* route.
    You have the right to decline any medical procedure. Especially if it's not healthier-safer.

A due date is only a "guesstimation." Not an expiration date. It's the middle of the due period (38-42 weeks)
    If you're a 1st-time mom then the average (average means MID-point) gestation is 41 weeks, 1 day, you're about at that point...

Ultimately, I encourage you consider another provider if this one isn't interested in your safety.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I went into labour after spending the day gardening....had recedntly moved home and had weeds up to my waist lol. Garden was last on my to do list before baby came, sat down after everything was done that evening and my waters went, he was born the following morning :) Good luck with whatever happens.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 10:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• if your baby was ready, then baby would already be here or you would be in labor.

just bc you are past 40wks does not mean that you need to be induced or that your body or baby are ready.

many women have gone past 42 wks.

if you don't want to be induced, then you don't have to be. no one can force you to be induced. it's your body. and they can't refuse treatment either, just bc you won't consent to an induction.

the natural way is to just let your body do it's own thing.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2010