On illegal immigration: Perhaps all these free lunches, free daycare, and free rides are draining the system? In the end, though, the people here legally who paid into the system are the ones who should be getting payouts in their time of need. How does someone here illegally then LEGALLY qualify for any aid, free education, free lunch, free medical care, etc. ?

http://www.unitedstatesofmotherhood.com/2010/08/illegal-immigration-education-free.html

ScoutsHonorHMR

Asked by ScoutsHonorHMR at 4:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's called a F'd up system.

Illegal should mean you go to jail. Because you are illegal.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Just thank the bleeding heart liberal democrats for that. They want  their future votes.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Amen sister! I just want to know why I have to pay for healthcare, hospital bills, property taxes, etc, and someone else can come here illegally and receive free healthcare- even have a child here for free which will give that child automatic citizenship! I live on the border of Mexico so that kind of crap is a daily debate around here.
    ShannonLeighM

Answer by ShannonLeighM at 4:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• A lot of people who are in the country illegally use Social Security numbers (not theirs, of course) so that they can have jobs to support their families. They pay taxes. I personally don't have a problem with illegal immigrants receiving free emergency medical care because I think it is morally the right thing to do, but I don't agree with other free services. However, US citizen children who have illegal immigrant parents are 100% entitled to government aid -- don't punish the child.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Say you were brought to the US as a baby by your parents. You don't speak Spanish and the only home you know is the US. You have never been to Mexico. Yet you are an illegal immigrant. You are 25 and you could be sent to jail (you are illegal) or sent to Mexico. Your baby was born in the US and would have have to stay in the US.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It's like we pay all this goddamn money for programs to help OTHER COUNTRIES not us.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• That's what I have said all along. I mean come on why should they get everything and when we need it we can't get it. Our country wouldn't be so screwed up if we stopped helping everyone. Great question
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I am a bleeding heart Liberal and I think it's whack. Don't generalize.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Gailll, most likely the baby (a US citizen) would go back to Mexico with the mother. The mother would then have something like a 10 year waiting period before she could even apply to immigrate legally. Illegal immigration is a problem, but US immigration rules make legal immigration difficult. I'm not saying that I don't think we should have immigration rules -- I just think that we need rules that work. Putting up a wall on the border doesn't solve the problem.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think the vast majority of people who take advantage of the "system" and their fellow neighbors are legal residents. The system is not a personal bank account or slush fund, and just because you might have worked for 6 mos sometime in your adult life, does not mean that you have the right to suck off the system for years.  I think we have many broken and inefficient systems and programs that need to be revamped - Immigration reform is one of those issues. Let's not try to blame illegals for many of the problems when there are large #s of legals who are also equally (if not more) contributing.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010