Gender test.

A friend of mine took an otc gender test I was wondering if anyone else had taken these and was it right. I didn't even know about them when I was prego

Nattiesmom10

Asked by Nattiesmom10 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My husband really wanted to know, so for fathers day we bought an intelligender test and tried it. There are lots of things it says you must follow to insure correct resutls. It must be your first morning urine and you can't have unprotected sex for 48 hours before, but we didn't pay attention to any of those things and we got results of a boy and although my baby hasn't been born yet, we had 2 ultrasound techs and a doctor doing an ultrasound say that we're having a girl lol. So maybe it's because we didn't follow the directions lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• They are really just for fun. There are many different kinds. In the November group I am in, there are several mamas who took intelligender. However, there were only a few who were right. It's just another money scam.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting. Do you know about how much they are?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• never heard of it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• google the red cabbage gender test
    same exact thing as the store bought one but instead of $40 it will cost you the price of a head of cabbage & some time to boil it.

Since it's not reliable, save some money! :D
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I went ahead and googled the instructions for you

http://www.ehow.com/how_5134590_perform-gender-test-during-pregnancy.html

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I heard they are wrong most of the time so I didnt even waste my money
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have never heard of such a thing...
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Wow, I never heard of that, but it sounds cool, the red cabbage thing, just to see if it's right, lol. Too bad I'm not expecting, lol.
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• never heard of it. Bur I can tell you that nothing is 100%, even U/Ss. The onlt sure way to know is when they are born! =)
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010