I have a financial situation, I need money and my friend owes me twelve dollars. It is not a lot but, it is money. I can't decide whether to ask for it because her mom and step dad are in a crisis and she is all wrapped up in that.

wingwatcher81

Asked by wingwatcher81 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• If the $12 is going to seriously help your situation right now, ask for it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If you need it that bad then ask for it.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• For what it's worth.....

I only loan out money that I don't need....... I never expect to get it back. If I get it back, then I'm pleasantly surprised.

I use the same philosophy when it comes to loaning out books......

But, to answer your question, if you need it now and she owes it to you.... then just ask for it.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• just ask. she'll understand if you truely are in need of it. if she can't give it to you, if you have something to pawn, that would be my next suggestion.
    mykiddoisconnor

Answer by mykiddoisconnor at 5:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• $12 she may not even remember. I agree with " I never expect to get it back. If I get it back, then I'm pleasantly surprised. "

Anyhow... since you need the $ you need to just tell her. "Hi, You borrowed $12 a while ago. Thing a really tight right now and I need it for gas/food. Not to be petty, but it will help me get to pay day."

Keep in mind that she may not have it.. (afterall she borrowed it).
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If you really need the money and it was clearly a loan then you should tell her you need it back now.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• ask for it
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If it will really help you out in a major way, ask. As in, it will get a meal for your children or keep your lights on or whatever. If it won't amount to anything then let it be.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:02 AM on Aug. 19, 2010