Have you ever had CPS called on you?

If so, what was it for and what did they do?

I haven't, but I constantly hear how people are calling CPS on parents, even for minor stuff. I can't imagine how many cases CPS has to deal with because of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. When our autistic daughter was in school. The school nurse was constantly causing problems. Our daughter at that time didn't communicate well and if asked the same question over and over would eventually change her answer to what she thought the person asking wanted. The school nurse as well as her teacher were WELL AWARE of this. One day she was slightly injured on the playground and she was taken to the nurse who checked her out and then gave her candy and allowed her to play some games. After that, anytime she didn't want to do something, she'd complain that something hurt so she'd get to have candy and play games. We had a number of conversations with the nurse and teacher about them NOT doing this because she was only complaining in order to get candy, etc. They kept doing it and one day the nurse started asking her whether she had been "touched" , etc. Our daughter said NO, the nurse kept asking the same (cont)
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 5:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nope
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• nope
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, but I know people that have called and people that have had CPS called on them.
    NicosmomJoie

Answer by NicosmomJoie at 5:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yes. My MIL got pissy one day when my son was very sick. She had stopped by to see hubby and son, was asking when we were taking him to the doctor and such, she goes to leave and of course my son is crying that she's leaving, after 10 minutes of her just standing at the door while he's crying and her asking if she should take him with her and me saying no, I looked at her and flatly told her to get out please you're upsetting him more, he'll calm down if you actually leave. So she called CPS because the house was messy (DUH! sick kid) and also told them that we were refusing to take him to the dr. for being sick. Well CPS shows up, see's our cluttered trailer, see's the papers and rx from the dr. dismisses everything. MIL got a letter telling her that if she makes false accusations again, they'll arrest her.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes and it sucked. I was so pissed. One day a couple of people, who have been trying to get us to convert to their religion, came up to "visit." We have told them we have no desire to change religions. Well, my son went to answer the door and told them I was busy. Apparently that ticked them off and CPS was called us. The claims were "my son was outside playing unsupervised."
    We knew it was them because no one else had been up to visit for months. CPS had us freaked out for 2 weeks and they closed the case. Somehow word got around that CPS had been up and were going to take my kids away. I was able to trace the person back to someone who worked there and knew my family. I told the CPS person and he denied it happened. Wtfever, it did leak from their office. We live in the country with like 1 neighbor, so it couldn't have gotten out by someone just seeing the car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• question and our daughter kept saying NO...finally our daughter said YES because she figured out that was what the nurse wanted to hear (Our daughter didn't understand the implications at that point in her life)...so the nurse called CPS. We were visited and had to take our daughter to the DR for an exam which proved she'd never been molested but was also very tramatic for our daughter because she had an extreme fear of Dr.'s. You BET I wrote a letter to the school district. Later that year, the school had a lice problem. We treated our daughter, even taking her to the dr for a stronger aid to get rid of it and we did get rid of it...but when another student showed up with them, it was of course, our daughter's fault and SHE was spreading them. At the time, she had very long hair and the nurse tried to make us shave her bald. She never even suggested that regarding any of the other children.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 5:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i broke up with my SO once & he freaked out and put himself in a psych hospital, & told them he starts fights with me in front of my son which is why i broke up with him so they had no choice but to call CPS. it was over & done with in no time. but my dad has had CPS called him twice over shit thats not true & he doesnt know who called them, & a friend of mine used to get CPS called on them constantly, like 5 times and had no idea who was calling it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• ha! I had a crazy neighbor call and say my sons coat wasnt heavy enough! SO they came, complimented my home, asked the school, the school said that he was always dressed weather appropriately, and they left, and she got into trouble for filinga false report!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• When my ex husband and I were going through a divorce his family across the country, that I had never met, decided it would be a great idea to call them on me almost daily. Apparently I was a drug addict slut that was having orgies in front of my kids. After they came out several times in the same week I asked them if they didn't realize they were being screwed with...they actually got so sick of the bogus calls that they themselves told me who was making the calls. My STBX's family in Florida! They left me alone after that.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010